Senior Engineer Mechanical
|Education:||Bachelor degree / Master degree|
Do you enjoy working on mechanical engineering projects in the broadest sense of the word? We are looking for an experienced Mechanical Engineer to strengthen our team for the long term. Will this be you? Apply directly or read more about what we have to offer you, what projects we do and what your working day might look like. Apply now or read further.
What are you going to do?
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer you ensure that the various projects are brought to a successful conclusion. These multidisciplinary projects vary from (medium) large to small, from new construction to revamp, from feasibility study to detailed design and from concept to construction. As a result, no day is the same.
In this role you are responsible for all the machines, devices and equipment within our projects. You will (mainly) work in mono- and (partly) multidisciplinary teams and ‘sometimes’ guide the performance of the work of other engineers. You are substantively involved in the engineering of the above by making and checking designs of, for example, machines and machine parts.
In your daily work you are involved with the 3D design in Inventor (in the study, concept and basic engineering phase). To test the design for strength, knowledge of our Finite Element Analysis program Ansys is recommended.
Detail Engineering will be done by our (Junior) Engineers, it goes without saying that you will guide them in this phase. You are involved in the Design Reviews with the clients or other disciplines.
In your role you are in contact with the various clients (customers) for whom you carry out projects. You run your projects in terms of content, but also in terms of scope, planning and budget.
In addition to your project activities, you are also the source of knowledge and source of information within the mechanical engineering discipline and you are able to guide and coach colleagues – in particular Junior Engineers.
Examples of our / your projects:
Spud construction for a cutter dredger: The spud poles keep the ship in place during the work at sea, we have designed an auxiliary spud pole construction. Activities including: Study, basic and detail engineering, FEM calculations with Ansys.
EMC chamber (mechanical part): Test room for space objects, completely closed off from the outside world, we were subcontractor for the design of the supporting structure, a large sliding door (6 x 11m) and a folding platform. Activities including: Design steel structure in collaboration with Civil Structural, large sliding door, retractable threshold, FEM calculations with Ansys.
Faraday cage: (mechanical part): Test room for parts of a windmill, we have designed the complete load-bearing structure and a hatch in the roof of 10 x 10 m. Activities include: Design steel structure, sliding roof hatch with vertical and horizontal movement mechanisms, FE calculations with Ansys, Design Risk Analysis, DFMEA, in collaboration with E&I and Civil Structural.
Calciner Furnace Tube: Catalysts are prepared here, we have made mechanical adjustments to the furnace tube. Activities including: Modification of the bearing/suspension and drive, FEM calculations with Ansys.
Surface inspection system (mechanical part): Within a steel sheet production line, cameras had to be installed for inspection of the surface on the top and bottom of the sheet. Activities including: Basic Design using a 3D scan of an interchangeable system for mounting cameras, detail engineering, collaboration with E&I, FEM calculations.
What do you bring?
- A minimum of 10 years of experience as a Senior Engineer in a similar role in small – to (medium) large projects, gained within a professional engineering environment such as an engineering firm or machine builder;
- Motivated to migrate to the Netherlands with the intention to stay for the long term (permanently);
- Experience with general mechanical engineering / mechanical engineering is a requirement;
- Knowledge of Autodesk Inventor Professional.;
- familiarity with ‘other’ subject-specific calculation software, such as Ansys is an advantage;
- Good communication skills and a high degree of independence in the execution of your projects;
- Experience in supervising (Junior) Engineers;
- A completed Mechanical Engineering education at least on Bachelor level;
- Good command of both the English language and the willingness to master the Dutch language on short term.
What can you expect from us?
- A multidisciplinary work environment with challenging projects;
- A competitive salary, good pension scheme, 13th month & 31 vacation days;
- A diverse and versatile working day in terms of tasks and responsibilities;
- The ability to contribute to projects from conceptual design to implementation;
- A valuable position within one of the project teams and the department, you actively contribute to the whole;
- A professional and dedicated team in combination with a pleasant working atmosphere;
- Various growth and training opportunities so that you can get the best out of yourself;
- A flat organization. Do you have questions? We help each other;
- The ability to avoid traffic jams. This is possible through our flexible working hours. Are you coming by public transport? The train stops a few minutes’ walk from our office.
Will you join our team? For information and/or questions, please contact Peter Visser (Senior Recruitment Advisor) on +31 (0)6 55821006 or apply via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you want to work as a Senior Mechanical Engineer at KH Engineering?
Who are we?
KH Engineering is a multidisciplinary engineering firm that undertakes challenging projects in various market segments. Within our wide-ranging portfolio, we serve traditional market segments as well as the market segments of the future: energy, food, pharmaceuticals and in-building installations. As a full-service engineering firm with offices in the three port areas of Amsterdam, Schiedam and Antwerp, we support clients worldwide in the development of projects. We differentiate ourselves through our pragmatic approach and the broad technological knowledge of all our colleagues. We provide a full range of services, from front-end to engineering, procurement and construction management (EPCm) for our national and international clients.
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.